Friday, 30 April 2010

Lavender Blue

Unmolded and cut up the blue lavender soap. Smells the best so far! The dried herb top did not stay on very well and I considered putting a layer of white over the top, but decided I like the dried lavender look, bit rustic.

Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Blue Lavender Soap

Have done a batch of soap whch sticks almost exactly to a recipe. I think I put too much colour in but we'll have to wait and see. Then I sprinkled the top with dried rosemary and lavender! It smells lovely as it has benzoin and lavender in it.

Rose Soap curing

The rose soap is sitting curing, but it seems to have lost its rose smell.

Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Rose Soap

This one has got some artificial red colouring in it, but when I get the hang of the whole soap making thing I'm going more natural if I can.

Sunny Soap Out Of Moulds

I couldn't see how to get the soap out of the moulds it just seemed too soft. Then found a tip to put it in the freezer for a while so I did & it came out beautifully. Not sure of the shapes or colour!! Smells lovely and orangy!

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Sunny Soap

This is it in the moulds, hard to do it without bubbles.

Rebatching Soap

The sunny soap went all crumbly so I have done my first lot of rebatching. I added some more essential oils and tumeric. Is this a mistake?

Monday, 12 April 2010

Nettle Soap

Have made Nettle and Avocado Oil soap. Its looks avocado in colour. Its setting really well and I have cut it up into blocks as it didn't seem to suit the sunflower moulds.

Friday, 9 April 2010

Soap Curing

It all seems to be setting well. Waiting. I might make some more as I've got some moulds now.

Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Soap Making

Have been doing a little soap making yesterday and today. The first lot, Lavender Soap, using Trex vegetable fat, caustic soda, coconut oil, olive oil, hemp oil and lavender oil seems to be doing ok. Its a bit yellowish as the hemp oil and olive oil were quite strongly coloured, but it smells lovely.I have cut it up into 9 bars now have to wait for it to cure. There was quite a bit left over where I didn't cut it very well and so I have re batched this and left it to set.
The second lot, which I am calling Sunny Soap, I used a camomile infusion and made the soap with caustic soda and lard! I added some olive oil and hemp oil and perfumed it with grapefruit essential oil and orange oil. I am not so keen on the smell of this as the camomile was quite strong, but it is a nice yellow colour. I put it to set in a carboard tube but I don't know if I didn't leave it for long enough, but it stuck to the sides and has produced quite messy shaped soap disks. I has a lot left over so I re did it with water and the stick blender and put it to set in a plastic box lined with greaseproof paper.

About Me

My photo
Beader, knitter, soaper, maker, painter